Friday, March 9, 2012

Retreat Coordinator

  • Your name - Rhonda L.
  • Your position - Retreat Coordinator
  • Your understanding of what the position entails  - As Retreat Coordinator, I am working with a great team of gals from our guild to plan our first BAMQG Retreat.  We have set up a budget, chosen a weekend (Feb 24 - 26) and a location (Los Gatos Lodge), planned a full schedule of activities, and recruited more that 20 members to attend.  And believe me, we are excited and ready to go!
  • Your hopes and dreams for the position  - When I volunteered for this position, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I have never attended a quilting retreat, much less planned one!  But with so much help and support from my team, we are assured of success.  My hope is that the people who attend get a lot of sewing done, learn some new skills, get to know each other better, and leave feeling like they can't wait for the next one!  Most of all, I hope that there are many more BAMQG Retreats in the future.
  • How you are planning to pass information and what you have learned to the next person - Our team has set up an Google Group for sharing information, and we hope to pass along a lot of information for the next retreat.  Since this is our first retreat, we are making up the rules as we go along.  I'm sure we will learn a lot about what works and what doesn't.  We plan to survey the attendees at the end of the retreat weekend to capture as much feedback as possible for the next time.
Retreat Committee Members:
  • Adrianne O.
  • Amanda M.
  • Angela O.
  • Deborah A.
  • Kelly O.
  • Ruth C.
  • Sara M.

Do you have ideas for retreats? Do of locations that might suit? Do you want to be on the committee (great fun!)? If so, comment below.

1 comment:

msalleycat said...

Rhonda, you & your team did an excellent job! I had a blast at the retreat!