A simple Google search using the terms (no quotes) "nametags fabric" will give you a lot of eye candy. Switch over to the images tab and just look at the variety of options. Some people did a little piecing. Some added a small image and their blog name.
- Make sure your name is readable: large font, bold, dark color or good contrast with background
- Make your name tag a reflection of your personality
- add blog name
- add your Avatar or social media image
- add some piecing
- machine embroider your name
- hand embroider your name
- Use a different shape for your nametag - star, shipping tag, circle, rainbow, heart, assymmetrical
- Print on fabric with your printer
- Shape it and put a pocket for a pen, etc
- Check out this Pinterest board called Quilty Name Tags
Use your favorite colors, embroidery AND embellishments!
There are a lot more ideas out there. Use your imagination! I can't wait to see what you come up with. ;-)