- SFQG came to invite us to their show, which will be held in March 2013.
- The SCVQA wants to give us a spot in their show to exhibit modern quilts.
- Adrianne mentioned the Alden Lane Quilt Show, which will be held September 22-23 I Livermore, CA
We are up to 72 or 73 finished quilts to give to charity this year. Some competitive types (names unmentioned) want to get us up to 100. Many turned in quilts that were finished, but a few need to be quilted and bound. if you can help, see the Charity Girls.
Amanda asked that cat beds be filled full, rather than 3/4s full, but not overstuffed.
Ruth demoed several different types of machine quilting. One of the designs was a pattern called Cathedral Window. It looks like the piecing, but is quilting. The way she marked and quilted the piece made her process look so easy.
Show & Tell
Show and Tell was fairly amazing. Below is a slideshow and the list of quilts that Amanda (secretary) provided to me. The number of quilts and amount of work that were shown today was stunning.
I also like the Chinese Coins pattern. This quilt was amazingly flat.
3. Cheryl S – 1) vibrant colored baby quilt in squares; 2) Yellow, orange and red and pink zig-zag quilt.
4. Jen A (one of the Charity Girls) – 1)Yellow and blue Out To Sea Quilt; 2) Indie quilt in multi colors
5. Chris C – 1) Handbag in brown and red, blue, yellow, green batiks; 2) Green and white and brown and blue/purple quilt, very modern blocks
6. Claire F – Little bag for her daughter at college and for her roommates.
8. Heather K. – 1) 2 dolls – shy girl in blue and green, and then Zombenstein boy doll; 2) Out to Sea maps
9. Kelly O – 1) Ice dyeing, scarf-sized, 6 pieces; 2) Cover for her tablet in Dr. Who fabric; 3) Doctor Who bag; 4) Dragonfly quilt back and front from Dan Rouse’s class
10. Deborah A (the other Charity Girl) – Converging corners in blue and red and yellow and grey
11. Joe – 1) Winter twister in black and white; 2) Antique Japanese fabric and African fabrics “Patchwork Quilt” in yellows, oranges, blues and maroons; 3) 1871 (House with tree in front, all quilted, black on white).
12. Joy-Lily – Placemats – 1) Pair of Olive Green and mint green; 2) Pair of Gingko leaf surrounding brights; 3) Pair of bright green and pink with gingko leaves
13. Diana L – Pink & Brown roses with green leaves on white background 2) Blocks for the ABC Variable star, underground railroad, wagon tracks (Green, white and black)
14. Lynette – 1) Charity quilt string strips (pieced, quilted and bound it!); 2) Stars in teal and red and white and grey; 3) Pinwheels in red and brown and blue and green on white background, did long arming herself; 4) Blue and purple and grey and bright green stars and hexes 5) ABC blocks Waterwheel, Xs and squares (grey, green and blue)
15. Sara M – Joel Dewberry quilt in pinks and blues and purple
16. Ruth B – 1) Made from patchwork squares that were her mom’s in blues and pinks and teals, 2) Quilt as old as the guild, pieces from the upholstery shop in greens, blues, yellows and browns
17. Jaye – 1) Charity Quilt in pinks with backing in pinks; 2) Jelly roll race cut into diamond, got accepted into New Quilts of Northern California 3) ABC blocks – Rambler; xquartet; Japanese x block; variable star, wampum and underground railroad (in pinks, greens, teals and sashing
18. Michelle – 1) Orange snowball pattern; 2) Green quilt with squares in blue and yellow 4) Placemats in 5) Blocks Union square, windblown square, xquartet, yankee puzzle (in blue and white)
19. Colleen – Charity Quilt in tulips and butterflies – going to a group that gives quilts to kids in foster care
20. Rhonda – two blocks Wyoming valley & X marks the spot (greys, blues and whites
21. Kathleen - Windmill two and the X block (black and white and red)
22. Mary – 1) Tulip charity quilt in retro fabrics 2) Oh Fransson clothesline quilt in oranges and grey; 3) Jelly Roll Race quilt in polka dots
23. Erin – Whole Cloth challenge, hand-quilted, with several different colors of threads on taupe on one side, green on the other.
24. Mallory – 1) Tula Pink birds and bees quilt in plus pattern 2) Zig Zag quilt with brown, pinks, white and maroons; 3) Plume quilt on white for a baby; 4) Momo quilt on white; 5) Art Gallery picnic quilt in greys, teals, pinks and purples; 6) Plus blocks with wide mint-green expanse of solid with white circles on it
Thanks to everyone who attended. Hope to see you next time!