Do you want to show off your personality before you even speak to anyone?
A lanyard can be a simple ribbon around your neck or you can sew scraps together to make something that holds your name tag and is uniquely your own. Name tags can be made with any variety of techniques including:
- hand embroidery
- machine embroidery
- stitched out letters (some machines have letters as stitches)
- free motion quilting
- pieced letters
- Pen & ink
- Lesley Riley's Tap Transfer Artist Paper
Here a few tutorials and inspirational photos to get your creative juices flowing.
- Quilted Lanyard Name tag: this post has some great modern examples
- Quilt Name Tag Ideas: this blog has some great examples of nametags. You will need to substitute your modern fabric.
- Shipping tag name tag: Whether or not you make art quilts, Linda and Laura Kemshall are really inspirational. I love the shape and letters on this name tag.
- Favorite block: use your favorite block or a signature block to make a name tag.
- Embellish: add a flower, heart or leaf to spice up your name tag.
- You are a Winner!: use the shape of winning quilt ribbon as the base of your name tag. Perhaps you will be inspired to enter a show and win a ribbon!