This is the second of a 3 block series, which will inspire your creativity.
Meet the medium fish!
Directions for Block B (or download the PDF!)
These directions were written by Michelle Boyd for the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild May 2014 charity block. The fish blocks are 12 inches, finished.
There are three different blocks. These directions are for block B, which has one medium fish.
- Background: big triangles (B) - one square 5 7/8.
- Background:small triangles (B) - one square 3 3/8.
- Background: skinny rectangle (B) - one rectangle 3 x 8.
- Background: big rectangle (B) - one rectangle 5 x 12.5.
- Background: small squares (B) - two squares 3.
- Fabric for the fish: big triangles (B) - one square 5 7/8.
- Fabric for the fish: small triangles (B) - one square 3 3/8.
Start with the 5 7/8 inch square of the background fabric and the fabric for the fish.
- Draw a diagonal line on the back of one of the squares. Pin them right sides together.
- Sew 1/4 inch on either side of the line. Cut on the line. Now you have two half square triangle units.
triangle. Sew them together to make the fish body.
skinny rectangle of background fabric either to the top or to the bottom of your fish
section. Then you can sew the big rectangle to either the the front or the back of the
fish section. Notice that the fish can be made to swim to the left by rotating the whole
block 180 degrees.
Good job! Thanks for making someone's life better!!!