Some examples of O blocks are:
- Ohio Star gives good practice with quarter square triangles.
- Old Maid's Puzzle creates some interesting secondary designs when a number of them are put together.
- Ocean Wave from Around the Block
Some examples of P blocks are:
- Pineapple - there are a lot of variations of this block, so look around for other that are more complex and less complex.
- The Pinwheel block would be great with at least 3 fabrics. It would give a nice spinny effect.
- Prairie Queen has a nice asymmetrical design
- Peace & Plenty - find it in Around the Block
- 1000 Great Quilt Blocks by Maggi McCormick Gordon
- Around the Block with Judy Hopkins: 200 Rotary Cut Blocks in 6 Sizes by Judy Hopkins
- Around the Block Again: More Rotary Cut Blocks from Judy Hopkins by Judy Hopkins
- The Civil War Love Letter Quilt: 121Quilt Blocks Inspired by Love and War by Rosemary Youngs
- The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: 55 letters and the 111 Blocks they Inspired by Laurie Hird
- Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix & Match by Susan Briscoe
- Judy Martin's Ultimate Book of Quilt Block Patterns by Judy Martin
- Modern Quilt Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from your Favorite Designers by Susanne Woods
- Once More Around the Block by Judy Hopkins
- The Quilter's Album of Blocks and Borders by Jinny Beyer (out of print)
- The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4044 Pieced Blocks for Quilters by Jinny Beyer